Tuesday 31 March 2009

Home Alone Again

As the internet has been down for several days now, there's no photos in this post unfortunately. (I am at an internet cafe without my USB memory card.) My parents arrived to Dar es Salaam last Friday, which was nice. On Sunday the whole family - my parents, Danny and Sirkku, Benjamin and Daniella - left to Tanga, which is up north near the Kenyan border. They're participating in a one-week Disability Forum.

I had just visited Tanga, so I had decided to stay at home. We just moved into a new lovely house, so it was a good idea for someone to 'keep watch'. I have enjoyed my time alone. During the daytime I get a lot of work done. In the evenings I will have a beer and perhaps enjoy a Cuban cigar on the roof terrace, and just look at the stars and listen to the Indian Ocean greeting the star-lit beach with endless waves. But come weekend, it will be wonderful to see everyone again.

3 comments:

Rose said...

sounds boring. :-/ (j/k)

Rose said...

we eeerm.. are enjoying the northern breeze and the sound of sleet and mud under the car tires, the gravel and grit that beautifully grinds against the discoloured ice/gunk... the different shaded grey sky that reflects a tiny fraction of light unto these beautiful dark grey brown dirt covered trees... roads.... aaah, you gotta love this paradise! Well, atleast we got Mc Gyver!

Jason Lepojärvi said...

MacGyver ... yes, it IS hard to compete with that! I hope he's still alive in June. (Knowing him he'll be alive in June 2020.)