Sunday 5 July 2009

Monkey Thieves

We drove through the Serengeti National Park on our journey to Lake Victoria. We make a quick stop at the exit gates. Danny goes to show the documents to the park officials. He buys us drinks and chocolate bars, and we decide to sit down for a while before continuing on. A family of vervet monkeys seem to be interested in our car.


Tanzanian car inspection (=stealing our oil filter).


"Wait, I think he saw us..."


"False alarm. I'll move on the the bolts, you take the side mirror."


"I look goood."

We were enjoying this "car inspection". The monkeys were cute. But cuteness was part of their devious plan. For soon I hear Danny behind me shouting something, "Shooo!". I turn around and he says, "They took your snickers bar!" Apparently their cousins had been lurking behind as all along, just waiting for an opening. If Danny hadn't reacted quickly, I'm sure the little rascal would have my coke bottle in his other hand.

2 comments:

Jani Salokangas said...

Yep..fregin´robbers :)
By the way now we are in Finland..it´s so cold out here!

Jason Lepojärvi said...

Yup...

And yup... It's freaking cold! Depressing. July, supposedly the best month of the summer. "Mätä"kuu? Ei vilja ainakaan mätäne, mutta mieli kylläkin.

Let me know about August. Jussi and I will drop by. ;)

(BTW: thanks for the idea, "stealing our oil filter".)