Tuesday 2 December 2008

Tomorrow To Tanzania

This is my last day in Finland. I fly tomorrow morning. Ethiopian Airlines... will take me from Frankfurt to Addis Ababa and from Addis Ababa to Dar es Salaam. Better that than Somalian Airlines, I guess, but the adventure might begin sooner than planned. (Experience with Ethiopian Airlines, anybody?)

I've been so busy with all the preparations, the move, the dissertation plan, the ECLD seminar, etc. that I haven't had much time to think about it that much. Little by little it's sinking in. The darker the weather outside becomes (I'm looking out at grey sky and grey lousy-excuse-for-snow) the wider my smile. I'm super excited. In two days I will see these two little children, Daniella and Benjy. Benjy: Jasu-setä tuo sulle sulkaajoulukalenterin! [Trans. Uncle Jason is bringing you a chocolate Christmas calendar!]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

kai kerrot heti ku oot turvallisesti perillä! haluisin niin häipyy täält kauheest sääst! mut en ethiopian airlinesilla:D

Jason Lepojärvi said...

Emil, Ethiopian Airlines was great. No problem. And the airport in Addis Ababa is better than in Dar. But going back in June I have an extra pitstop in Khartoum, Sudan. That may be another story, we'll see...

I cannot use the i-net as often as at home, which is a very good thing actually. But I hope to be able to posts some stuff within a few days.

Best,
Jason