Sunday 4 January 2009

A New Year in Africa



This is a short obligatory update. The year 2009 began, for me, in Tanzania. I have been here for one month now. It feels like it just fly by. Five more months of efficient work and play to look forward to. I function and work so much better in a country where the sun rises and sets early. It's been 4 years since I went to bed and got up as early as I do now, willingly.

Some time ago I found out, to my relief, that I was indeed accepted into the University of Helsinki. My dissertation plan (comparative study on two Christian giants' conception of love) was ratified at the same time.

The next four years will be spent in love. Reading about love, writing about it, talking about it, thinking about it, and - to the best of my abilities - living it.

No comments: