Thursday 16 April 2009

Obligatory Update and Photo

I've been home alone since Monday. Everything's gone extremely well. I put in 8 hours of intense study and writing each day and take it easy in the evenings. Today I saw a movie with Ellam, The Fast and the Furious 4. Not really my "thing", if you know what I mean, but Ellam is into characterless fast pace action movies. (I'm exaggerating.) After finishing this post I intend to walk upstairs to the roof terrace and enjoy a Cuban cigar. The moon is spectacular tonight and it will light up the beach and ocean brilliantly.

I have to finish writing soon, because my battery is dying -- the electricity is out after several days of unproblematic current, and I don't want to use the oversized generator. Anyway, this is just an obligatory update. And this photo is the obligatory photo for the grandparents. Yes you, Grandma and Vaari, Mummi ja Pappa.


Daniella and Benjy love dogs, as you know, although they are also a little afraid of them. In this picture Daniella is meeting Sheba, the blind dog I blogged about last week, for the first time. Daniella is very courageous, as you can see. (I on the other hand am a bit apprehensive, hence Sheba's tight collar. I have a firm grip of it with my hidden right hand, just in case).

3 comments:

pappa said...

Kiitti kuvasta.
Voimia sinne sähköttömyyteen.
Toivottavasti palaavat pian.
Pappa

Jason Lepojärvi said...

Oleppa hyvä.

Sähköt on tullut takaisin. Mutta ne tulee ja menee. Itse asiassa rainy seasonia on ilmassa, joten täällä on suht leuto ilmasto. Eilenkin nukuin ilman tuuletinta (ilman ilmastointia olen nukkunut jo pitkään).

Danny ja Sirkku palaa Mombasasta tänään. Ne otti pari ylimääräistä päivää, kun oli niin rentoa.

pappa said...

Ajattelin justiin, että niinhän se menee, että Masakissa sähköjä piisaa, kun siellä asuu maan kermaa. Muut alueet onkin sitten asia erikseen. Toivottavasti saatte generaattorin pelittämään. Sadeajan jälkeinen kuiva-aika on parasta aikaa rannikon ilmaston suhteen: kuivaa ja viileämpää.