Thursday 5 February 2009

Thankful For Housework


I used to gripe about the job of doing household chores
But thanks to television news I don't gripe anymore

In every land and country there are people in despair
So now all of my household chores I do with loving care

The dishes and the pots and pans I do on aching feet
I gladly do because it means we have enough to eat

The sheets I change the beds I make no longer do I dread
Because of this it means that we sleep in a nice warm bed

Vacuuming and dusting scrubbing dirty floors and walls
Means there's a roof above my head so I don't mind at all

And then there's dirty laundry endless baskets to attack
But that just means my family has enough clothes on their back

That's why I'm thankful for housework, I'm blessed abunduntly
Compared to others in the world I see on my TV

3 comments:

heidi said...

Aamen, you create reality with your thoughts

Hanna said...

This says a man who now has two local ladies doing all his housework for him... hmmm. Or are they having summer holiday during this trip?

Enjoy yourself!

Hanna

Jason Lepojärvi said...

Heidi---they're not my thoughts, I found the poem online!

Hanna---I'm sure you remember that my apartments aren't the typical "bachelor huts" as far as mess is concerned? But that said, yes, it does feel odd having two ladies in the house! Only for two days (Thurs-Fri) though; but both of them seem surreal (the days, that is).