Thursday 21 May 2009

Serengeti and Lake Victoria

Tomorrow morning my brother and I are leaving for a five-day roadtrip. Our final destination is Mwanza, a city on the coast of Lake Victoria, quite near the Ugandan and Kenyan borders. Fida has a large youth center there which I will be able to visit.

We have decided to drive through the Serengeti national park, which is on the way. I've been to the Mikumi national park but never to Serengeti. Apparently the wildebeests and zebras etc. are migrating. If we're lucky (or if we're told the real-time coordinates), we'll stuble upon them in herds of thousands. Ngorongoro, the crater famous for its black rhinos, will have to wait for another time, as it would double the entry fee and cost us an extra day.

We'll be back on Tuesday. The following weekend I'll fly to Zanzibar for a mini vacation, just before returning to Finland on the 1st of June. My time in Africa is soon over. Six months has gone past quickly.

2 comments:

Krystal D. said...

Oooo!! That sounds amazing!!
I hope you get to see some herds of something in migration!! I'll be waiting for the pictures!!

Jason Lepojärvi said...

Krystal, I got a lot of amazing photos. Although I'm afraid I won't have time to update my blog till next week. I'm returning to Finland on Monday, and the to-do list before that his humangous.