Monday 5 May 2008

Spotted A Lioness


I never got the opportunity to visit the more famous national parks in Tanzania, like Serengeti with its famous Ngorongoro Crater. My brother tells me its great, but that sometimes you end up driving for hours on end before you see what you're trying to find. Mikumi National Park, on the other hand, is not so known - yet it's Tanzania's fourth largest national park and very close to Dar es Salaam. If I remember correctly, in Mikumi you can see all but the black rhino, cheetah, and hyenas. I've been to there twice. Both times we were lucky and saw lions (impressive but some other species impressed me more). The first time around we had just about given up on the hope of finding them when we suddenly spotted a female lioness walking in the tall grass. Man we were excited! So, we began to follow it slowly by car from a comfortable distance. In the next post I'll show what she eventually lead us to.

No comments: