Wednesday 21 May 2008

Thesis Done!

Ah, feels good. I handed in my thesis on April 18th and on May 19th it was finally accepted. So, as far as the thesis is concerned - done and dusted. (I still have a few courses to complete.)


The analysis of my sources and actually writing the thesis was very difficult for me. I chose a rather difficult topic and it required studying various fields of philosophy and theology of which my preliminary understanding was extremely limited.

The title of the paper is “Imago Dei and the Body - Pope John Paul II's Theology of the Body.” Basically, I was trying to analyze how, according to John Paul II’s understanding, do men and women reflect the “image of God” not only as a rational beings but as embodied and sexual beings.

Below is a picture of the abstract - a synopsis of the structure of the paper and its main points. You can click on it to make it bigger. (It is in Finnish but I can easily translate it into English if anyone is interested.) Perhaps later this week I’ll post the feedback - from my professors - as well.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS, WELL DONE.

MAMI

Jason Lepojärvi said...

Mami, the copy in the picture is your guys'. I ordered two. The red-covered one looks nicer but it has a minor stain, so I'll keep that one.

Krystal D. said...

Good job Jason!!
Getting your Masters is a huge accomplishment, doesn't it feel great?! (not that I'd know what it feels like to get my Masters!)
Congrats from some of the Nanaimo Dennills (aka Merrick, Krystal and Belle)!!! :)

Jason Lepojärvi said...

Thanks, Krystal! I am very happy.

Aunty Lynn will arrive in Finland June 26th, two days before my graduation party. It'll be great to have her around (although she and my mom have planned various trips around Finland and even abroad).

BTW, I love Nanaimo bars. Are they really from Nanaimo? ;-)

Jason