Thursday 31 July 2008

Like Father Like Son(s)?



I found a picture of my dad taken thirty years ago. I think he's only about twenty years old here, despite the scruffy beard. Many say we share several "aesthetic traits" (and I'm not only referring to the hair loss). I think there are some similarities which is comforting in a no-son-of-postman kind of way.

Surprisingly, more than one of my friends said after my graduation party a few weeks back that my brother Danny resembles my dad, not in the way he looks but in the way he is, the way he talks, acts, walks, and the like. So one got the looks and the other the demeanor? Danny, high five or shoulder to cry on? How about a high-ish five?

3 comments:

Rose said...

everyone say he looks like me. so repost your post and make it father like daughter.

Jason Lepojärvi said...

You're right, Cathy, you look much more like Isi than Mami. I wonder what it is - the nose? eyes? what?

Jason

Rose said...

nose, eyes... shape of face... maybe my smile too.. ieknet näkyy samal taval