Sunday 20 July 2008

Hunting Trip

I have been kindly invited by my friend Saila's father to join him and Saila's uncle on their annual hunting trip this October. I am definitely planning to make it, and even paid my hunting license despite not knowing if I'm even in Finland at that time (I might be in Tanzania). It will be prime season for black grouse (teeri), wood grouse (metso), and hazelhen (pyy). I carry a shotgun (not in public), not a rifle. In other words I've never hunted big game like moose or elk (they're two different species no matter what the British say).


This photo is from my brother's wedding (reception, not ceremony). Somehow his wife Sirkku was able to tell the difference between the moose pelt and Danny's hairy chest, even though Sirkku's brother Sami tried to deceive her by carefully adjusting Danny's crucifix. How she did it remains a mystery to this day.

No comments: