Wednesday 2 July 2008

Master of Theology



I finally graduated. Last Saturday my parents threw a graduation party for me in their back yard. It was fun. We had wine, sangria, cheese, fruit and berries for “lunch”, and coffee and cheese-cake for dessert. I was very happy that so many brought their children along. For instance, all three of my godchildren (Lily, Oskar, Eddie) were there. The big trampoline and the animals (ducks, chicken, bunnies, cats) were the children's favourite. Many women tried out the trampoline too (“for the kids' sake”, they said). In the evening we had a nice fire, grilled some sausages, and took a sauna. And tried shooting some rats. They tend to follow domestic yard animals. I was just shaking Antti Gorski's hand and welcoming him to the party when another guest (also in a three-piece suit) asked me in a hushed voice, “May I borrow your gun?” Antti - we were still shaking hands - thought to himself, “I came to the wrong party...”

No comments: