Wednesday 3 September 2008

Summer Days Have Gone



Time to face it. Summer, though I didn't notice it begin, has come to a close. Although I do enjoy the fall colours, I'm not a big fan of the rain, the gray sky, and the darkness.

This winter will be different, however. Firstly, in about 10 days I get to take a 3-day hunting trip to eastern Finland. Secondly, I intend to escape the dark, Finnish winter and spend it in Africa. With my brother and his family in Tanzania, to be more precise. Before I can take off, I need to arrange some things at the university in Helsinki. It is my hope that I could begin my post-graduate studies here, but physically study - at the beginning mostly read - from Dar es Salaam.

By the way, nice picture eh? It was taken earlier this "summer". Jan, my foster-brother, decided to cool down in the lake.

2 comments:

heidi said...

Awesome picture, who took it??!!!

Jason Lepojärvi said...

It is, isn't it? The timing couldn't be more perfect. Unfortunately I don't know who took it, as I wasn't there. Either my parents, their children, or one of the Roses.

Jason