Friday 7 March 2008

Hiking in Norway


Last September, I went mountain hiking in northern Norway with a few friends. It was my first hiking trip ever (hunting is a different thing, really). I really enjoyed it. I liked to not follow any man-made trails, and would often walk a few hundred yards off track. This allowed me to find interesting things, like the carcass of a rain-deer, probably killed by a wolverine earlier that fall.

The best part of the trip, in addition to the breath-taking sceneries, was the company I shared. A Basque Catholic priest, two Spaniards, a half-Iraqi, and (a hiking veteran) a Lutheran pastor from Oulu - you can imagine that there was no lack of good conversation.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Acts 5, Danish girls, poronsarvia, svenska-style toilets för två kärpästä på en isku, passing mummeleita on the loppukiri - it was a pleasure to talk and walk with you!

Jason Lepojärvi said...

(Note for random readers of blog: the comment above, against all appearance, is not spam. It was posted by, again against all appearance, a linguist friend of mine.)