Wednesday 12 March 2008

Some Sweat, Some Shiver


It is very warm in Tanzania. I personally love warm weather (I know, I am weird in that way). Danny, on the other hand, "hikoilee kun sika" and I think little Benjy inherited this gene. I've been in Khao Lak during summer, on a shadeless island in the South-Chinese sea, and in Rome during August (when locals usually escape the flow of tourists and the hot sun to higher ground), and I've never had problems with heat. Cold is another story. Below is a photo of a church in Tanzania. Most were built this way: holey. With no AC or fans, a sporadic sea-wind breeze through the church building helps parishioners through Sunday services (often 3-4 hours long).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kiitos hyvästä postaustahdista. Yksi korjaus tähän. The Sunday services can easily be 7-8 hours loong, especially in the rural areas. D

Jason Lepojärvi said...

This is odd: despite all the talk about heat, I still got shivers when I read your clarification.

Anonymous said...

I believe the Church to be One and Holey:)

Jason Lepojärvi said...

I have my moments. ;)

Anonymous said...

Long live linguistic jokes! ;)