Sunday 16 March 2008

MacGyver: A Legend



This is my cat, MacGyver. I got him when I was 9 years-old. I chose him out of three cute kittens, mostly because he looked chubby. More than one person objected to the christening of him, though. You named him what? In my defense, MacGyver was cool back then. (If you ask Marge Simpson's sisters, he still is!) Also, today my cat is a legend. Everyone knows MacGyver. He was even mentioned in the Helsingin Sanomat. I'm not kidding. He has lost 11 out of his 9 lives, but is still alive. We don't know for how long still, for he's showing signs of old age. For example, he can't beat the crap out of neighboring cats anymore.

3 comments:

Hanna said...

Cute! Why was he in Hesari? This is a very nice blog!
Hanna

Anonymous said...

this is a super picture of MacGyver! but he has to be older than 18y old. He has been that for 2 years now?

Mami

Jason Lepojärvi said...

Hanna, NYT-liite mentioned our neighbor, Eija, whose cat "was having its birthday" (don't ask). "MacGyver," the article continued, "was invited, but Miska, another cat, wasn't, because he and the birthday boy weren't in good terms." In fact Eija is in love with MacGyver, and has been trying to adopt him permanently for a few years.

Mami, I was 9 years-old. Third grade. So he's 18-19 years-old.